284,241 euros are allocated to rehabilitate various sections of the walls of the old fortress

284,241 euros are allocated to rehabilitate various sections of the walls of the old fortress

The Vélez-Málaga City Council yesterday announced the tender for the actions to enhance the defensive structures in the city's Alcazaba Fortaleza. This initiative is framed within the EDUSI BIC Vélez. Part of the actions to be carried out are defined in thematic objective number 6, in the line of actions aimed at the rehabilitation and promotion of the historical heritage of defensive architecture.

The objective of this proposal is to consolidate several defensive structures preserved in La Fortaleza and avoid further deterioration. The execution budget has an amount of 284,241.22 euros, 80% financed through European funds and the remaining 20% ??through the program called '1.5% Cultural' of the Ministry of Public Works.

The project defines the interventions in two areas: one that includes a defensive cloth with a rectilinear layout that is deteriorated, and another, located to the north, which was practically dismantled by the French withdrawal in 1813.

Book your transfer now


Visit Nerja Caves


Book your transfer now
Today's weather in Nerja

Clear sky

24ºC / 75.2ºF

  • Max: 31ºC / 87.8ºF
  • Min: 23ºC / 73.4ºF
  • Chance of rain: 0%