Just two weeks after the mayor of Nerja, José Alberto Armijo (PP), met in Madrid with officials of the Ministry for Ecological Transition, in a meeting in which they told him that the State Advocacy, under the Ministry of Justice , had informed favorably the modified project of the works of the first treatment plant, the central government has announced this Friday that the initiative that will allow to unlock the works, already has all the administrative blessings.
It was the sub-delegate of the central government in Malaga, María Gámez, who, through a message on the social network Twitter, announced: «Good news for #Nerja # Málaga. The modification of the purification plant project is approved: An important step to complete the work and address the construction of the emissaries, which are executed in a way that does not affect the enjoyment of Nerja beach ». However, sources of this organization consulted by SUR could not specify when the works will resume or how long they will last.
The works add up to more than three years of delay with respect to the date originally foreseen in the award contract, signed in November 2013 with the company Isolux-Corsán-Corviam, for 23.24 million euros. The City Council informed last May that the execution of the treatment plant was at 90 percent, but the completion was conditioned to the modification in the project, valued at two million. The works of the WWTP have been delayed due to the financial problems of the company, which broke down in 2017.
For his part, the councilor also manifested through social networks, writing on Facebook: «Another very good news for Nerja. The modified project of the Integral Sanitation of Nerja has been approved, once it has previously been favorably supervised by the intervention of said Ministry. In a few days, the award and the start of the work that will last for approximately 8 months are expected ».